Sunday, January 22, 2006

Waaah!

One of my favorite parts of the game was how the Seahawks totally shut down Steve Smith, the Panthers' vaunted receiver, who had 200-plus yards catching the week before.

Fox kept showing Smith on the sidelines getting pissed off, yelling at the coaches, and basically acting like a whiny little beyotch.

I glad he got pwned. But I do admit his punt-return runback was impressive.

Oh yeah, that was another thing -- how lame was the Panthers' punting unit? They had one punt for like 26 yards and another for just barely over 30. Meanwhile, the Seahawks, when they had to punt at all, were getting monster bounces or sailing out of bounds at the 5 yard line, stuff like that.

Oooh! And how about that sweet play that had backup QB Seneca Wallace go in as a wideout and saw him make a sweet-as-candy over-the-shoulder catch for 28 yards? What a crowd-pleaser. I'm sure that helped get everyone -- players and fans -- fired up.