What I'm reading
Pattern Recognition by William Gibson. I'm only a few dozen pages in, but it's quite good so far. You know, I never finished his previous book, All Tomorrow's Parties. It just didn't grip me.
One thing for sure, Gibson can write. I expect I will get through this only slowly because I will be taking the time to savor his prose.
I do wonder, however, how this book will hold up over time. It really is about branding, marketing, and consumer culture. How well will the Apple Cube and Tommy Hilfiger references hold up in 20 years?
One thing for sure, Gibson can write. I expect I will get through this only slowly because I will be taking the time to savor his prose.
I do wonder, however, how this book will hold up over time. It really is about branding, marketing, and consumer culture. How well will the Apple Cube and Tommy Hilfiger references hold up in 20 years?

<< Home