Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Back

David the Coffee Elf is keen for me to post something about our trip back to the States from Beijing. He apparently wants to hear tales of woe and misery: lost passports, misplaced tickets, bawling babies, etc.

Well, I haven't written anything because nothing particularly exciting happened. You see, David, bad things don't happen to beautiful people. Boarding delays, canceled flights and rude hostesses are misfortunes that befall the comfortably average and indifferently normal traveler.

The worst I can say that happened was that the in-flight movies were all terrible. We flew Air Canada (hi Mayor!) and their entertainment guide had plenty of cool flicks, like "Batman Begins". But did we get any of those? No. We got "The Longest Yard" and "Kicking and Screaming", which I kinda wanted to see but was on at what was about 3:00 a.m. for us, so I slept through it.

The third feature was an absolute abortion of a Hong Kong troubled teen flick. I don't even remember what it was called because my cerebellum has just outright revolted at any order to dredge up memories of this steaming pile of celluloidal fecal matter.

Other than that, the trip was great.