Saturday, December 17, 2005

Snooping

The New York Times seemed to have chosen the worst of both worlds by waiting a year to run the story on the NSA domestic snooping.

Those who support the administration will cry foul for them running the story at all.

Those who don't support Bush will see the delay as evidence that even The Times is an administration lapdog.

Of course, if I were writing a sensational news story about how the media were all against Bush, I might say that the timing of this report raises questions.

After all, they sat on it for a year, and just happen to decide it's time to run it as Bush has started vociferously defending the war and as Iraq has a stunningly open and violence-free election, both of which have helped the president in the polls? Hmmmm....

All I need is an anonymous source to confirm this hunch, and we're good to go.