How Do You Say "Randroid" In Chinese?
(I changed the title of this post because I thought this one was funnier)
Ayn Rand was one of the most influential thinkers in my life. Now, when you read that, you had one of three reactions. You respectfully nodded your head, you rolled your eyes, or you went "Ann who?"
Seriously, there was nothing like living in Communist China to make one receptive to arguments for the moral underpinnings of capitalism. But if you want a sign of how much China has changed over the past 15 years, check this out: a Chinese publishing house has done the first translation of The Fountainhead and is selling it via Amazon.com's subsidiary, Joyo.com.
I ordered a copy and am reading it with the Oriental Wife, who has heard me spout about Rand off and on for 12 years but has never had easy access to her material. Now I'll read a page in English and she'll read a page in Chinese. The translation is pretty good, and reading just the first two chapters sparked an hour-long discussion between us.
Anyone else out there read Rand or have an opinion they want to share?
Ayn Rand was one of the most influential thinkers in my life. Now, when you read that, you had one of three reactions. You respectfully nodded your head, you rolled your eyes, or you went "Ann who?"
Seriously, there was nothing like living in Communist China to make one receptive to arguments for the moral underpinnings of capitalism. But if you want a sign of how much China has changed over the past 15 years, check this out: a Chinese publishing house has done the first translation of The Fountainhead and is selling it via Amazon.com's subsidiary, Joyo.com.
I ordered a copy and am reading it with the Oriental Wife, who has heard me spout about Rand off and on for 12 years but has never had easy access to her material. Now I'll read a page in English and she'll read a page in Chinese. The translation is pretty good, and reading just the first two chapters sparked an hour-long discussion between us.
Anyone else out there read Rand or have an opinion they want to share?

<< Home