I forgot to blog about this a while back, but I was reminded of it with the approach of Christmas.
A couple months ago, Number One Son, not yet 5 years old, came home and said, "You know what Dad? There's no such thing as Santa Claus."
Verrry cautiously, I went, "Oh yeah? Why do you say that?"
I turns out that the Muslim kid at school, who incidentally is Number One Son's best friend there, was going around spilling the beans to everyone.
The good news is that Number One Son seems to have forgotten this cruel truth about the world, so all is good. At least until Mohammed opens his mouth again.
In which case, I've coached Number One Son to say, "Oh yeah? Well guess what? You aren't going to get 72 virgins, either."
A couple months ago, Number One Son, not yet 5 years old, came home and said, "You know what Dad? There's no such thing as Santa Claus."
Verrry cautiously, I went, "Oh yeah? Why do you say that?"
I turns out that the Muslim kid at school, who incidentally is Number One Son's best friend there, was going around spilling the beans to everyone.
The good news is that Number One Son seems to have forgotten this cruel truth about the world, so all is good. At least until Mohammed opens his mouth again.
In which case, I've coached Number One Son to say, "Oh yeah? Well guess what? You aren't going to get 72 virgins, either."
Labels: christmas, number one son, santa

<< Home