Sunday, December 10, 2006

Touch Me, I'm Sick

Man, I am really sick. Not as in twisted sick, but sick as in my body has been infected with one of the nastiest bugs I've ever had. I have actually been sick for more than four weeks, and I've passed it on to relatives in Houston and Seattle.

I saw a doctor in Seattle who diagnosed me as having a bacterial infection. He gave me some antibiotics and that indeed helped clear things up, for about three days. Last week it started coming back with a vengeance and today I am sicker than ever.

I did another doctor a few days ago and even though he felt it was just sinus inflammation he reluctantly gave me more antibiotics. But they don't seem to be working at all.

The Oriental Wife is also sick, and this is alarming because the Oriental Wife is never sick. In the 12 years we've been together she has been sick maybe once or twice, and this is by far the worst she's been.

Of course Number One Son is sick as well, though he seems to be in good spirits and is mainly dealing with a mild cough.

Oh, and my mother called yesterday to say this is the worst bug they can remember getting in probably 15 years.

I'm thinking it's bird flu or a terrorist weapon. I was thinking what if someone developed a cold virus or flu bug that acted like malaria -- it wouldn't necessarily kill you outright but you just ended up being really, really sick for the rest of your life. That would suck.

Seriously, has anybody else out there come down with or heard of people coming down with something this nasty? Any idea what it is?

Labels: ,