Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Yeah Yeah

Okay Mayor, here's your post.

What's up with my recent radio silence? I don't know. I didn't decide to stop posting after some dramatic realization that I'm sick of the whole enterprise. It was just a series of daily decisions that I'd rather be doing something else at any given moment -- reading, playing with my boy, sketching, playing "Gears of War", or surfing for porn. Okay, it's mainly been surfing for porn, but you get my point.

I've also been dissatisfied with the site. I keep thinking I should do a proper site with prettier graphics, a spiffier layout and better publishing tools. I've tinkered with things like Vox but not in a serious way. I'm torn between keeping this a low-key, pseudo-anonymous affair and busting out with something more personal and open using my full name. The former grants me the peace of mind to write outrageous and opinionated rants. The latter, however, would let me point to a whole bunch of interesting stuff, a lot of it job-related.

One thing I want for sure is to ditch the name "Elemenohpee". I liked it because it bore a whimsical resemblance to "Eleemosynary", the name given to a mass-mind consciousness in John C. Wright's excellent Golden Age trilogy (the real definition is here, which expands one's understand of what Wright was driving at). I plucked it out of thin air and I had no idea at the time that it was also the name of a maker of surfing gear.

Any ideas?