SIP update
Dang Blogger won't allow me to update an earlier post, so I'm forced to use the Blog This feature off the Google Toolbar.
Anyway, I was just browsing Amazon's entry for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and it definitely has the best Statistically Improbable Phrases I've yet seen. To wit, hessian wall weave, stomping throb, supernova bomb, new hyperspace bypass, marketing girl, herring sandwiches, and battle machine are all phrases that appear in this book than in most others.
FYI, the phrase "marketing girl" also appears in Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon, The Lost Sisterhood: Prostitution in America, 1900-1918 by Ruth Rosen, and Modern Fishing Lure Collectibles Identification and Value Guide by Russell E. Lewis.
Anyway, I was just browsing Amazon's entry for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and it definitely has the best Statistically Improbable Phrases I've yet seen. To wit, hessian wall weave, stomping throb, supernova bomb, new hyperspace bypass, marketing girl, herring sandwiches, and battle machine are all phrases that appear in this book than in most others.
FYI, the phrase "marketing girl" also appears in Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon, The Lost Sisterhood: Prostitution in America, 1900-1918 by Ruth Rosen, and Modern Fishing Lure Collectibles Identification and Value Guide by Russell E. Lewis.

<< Home