Meat farming
Researchers may, some day soon, be able to grow meat in a lab.
The article says the process could cut down on pollution produced from industrial livestock operations. But I wonder how they get the cells to grow? Do they have to bathe them in a nutrient soup? How do you produce it and how much does that cost? How do you dispose of it?
I'll be all for meat farming if it can be shown to be cost-effective and have less of an impact than traditional methods.
The article says the process could cut down on pollution produced from industrial livestock operations. But I wonder how they get the cells to grow? Do they have to bathe them in a nutrient soup? How do you produce it and how much does that cost? How do you dispose of it?
I'll be all for meat farming if it can be shown to be cost-effective and have less of an impact than traditional methods.

<< Home