Sunday, September 04, 2005

TV

A good friend of mine just bought a kick-ass hi-def TV set. There are two interesting things to note about this.

One is that he now has a better computer and a better TV than I do. It turns out that he overspent his original $800 budget by 63 percent. I had planned to outspend him by 25 percent, but now I'll be hard-pressed to top the $1,300 he splashed out. Bastard.

The second interesting this is that after he brought the TV home, it sat in his car overnight because he didn't have any neighbors or buddies free to help him muscle that 200-lb beast inside the house.

Okay, leaving apart his abyssmal planning, that's just an injustice. I think this points up the need for a kind of bat-signal for guys. It would be used in just this sort of situation. No-one around to help you move your new HDTV? No problem, shine the bat-signal, and within half an hour, 10 guys show up to help out.