360
Last night after unloading all our crap from Seattle, my Dad and I went to the local Best Buy to camp out and wait for the launch of the Xbox 360. I thought we were going to be bored, but we whipped out our Nintendo DS's and played Nintendogs and Electroplankton for a few hours. When the doors opened at midnight, I threw a few low blocks while my Dad made a beeline for the counter. Our teamwork was effective, and pops emerged from the scrum a while later with a premium 360, an extra controller, and a stack of games. Since the Oriental Wife and Number One Son were still in Seattle, we fired it up and played "Perfect Dark Zero", "Call of Duty 2" and "Project Gotham Racing 3" until dawn. Our marathon gaming session was fueled by adrenaline, Guacamole Doritos and Code Red. I thought my Dad's arthritis would make him easy prey in the shooters, but the canny old bastard had a few tricks up his sleeve. I put down the controller seven hours later to stagger into work, my eyes bloodshot and bleary, a green rime of Dorito dust gathered at the corner of my mouth, rivulets of cherry-flavored softdrink running down my neck. I think Dad had a stroke.
Okay, that's all a lie.
Even I can't justify dropping $700 on a 360 and a stack of games a week after shelling out for the sweet PC rig, which won't even ship for another week.
Anyone out there score a 360 yet?
Okay, that's all a lie.
Even I can't justify dropping $700 on a 360 and a stack of games a week after shelling out for the sweet PC rig, which won't even ship for another week.
Anyone out there score a 360 yet?

<< Home