Cars
Oh, one thing about this city is the amazing amount of money floating around. We're talking crazy money here, folks.
I tend to notice this manifested in cars. Porsches are like Volkswagens here. In fact, there are so many Porsches here that if I had a million dollars, the last car I would buy is a Porsche because everyone has one. Seriously, this morning I saw a homeless dude pushing a Porsche with a trunk full of empty cans.
In the first week we were here I came home one day and there was a Bentley GT parked at the meter in front of our complex. A Bentley parked at a meter.
Other hot cars that seem extremely popular, apart from BMWs and other normal fixtures of a highly monied ecosystem, are the Nissan 350 Z and Murano SUV, the Mercedes CLS 500 "four-door coupe" and the Subaru WRX/STi. Normal cars that are highly represented for whatever reason are the Prius, Saturn Vue SUV and, yes, the Jeep Liberty.
I've seen a handful of new Mustangs, one Pontiac Solstice and zero GTOs.
I tend to notice this manifested in cars. Porsches are like Volkswagens here. In fact, there are so many Porsches here that if I had a million dollars, the last car I would buy is a Porsche because everyone has one. Seriously, this morning I saw a homeless dude pushing a Porsche with a trunk full of empty cans.
In the first week we were here I came home one day and there was a Bentley GT parked at the meter in front of our complex. A Bentley parked at a meter.
Other hot cars that seem extremely popular, apart from BMWs and other normal fixtures of a highly monied ecosystem, are the Nissan 350 Z and Murano SUV, the Mercedes CLS 500 "four-door coupe" and the Subaru WRX/STi. Normal cars that are highly represented for whatever reason are the Prius, Saturn Vue SUV and, yes, the Jeep Liberty.
I've seen a handful of new Mustangs, one Pontiac Solstice and zero GTOs.

<< Home