Bow Down
Amid all the busyness, I do have one nice thing to look forward to: the arrival of my new HP Pavillion computer.
Oh yeah, I pulled out all the stops for this one, too. Check it:
--AMD Athlon 64-bit dual core +4200 CPU. The Athlon 64 2X family is the cream of the crop when it comes to gaming and graphics. It rolls up P4s and smokes 'em like cloves. Apart from speciality gaming rigs from overpriced vendors like Alienware, HP was the only major PC maker I found who offer the Athlon.
--1 gigabyte DDR RAM. Because anything less these days just isn't serious.
--256 megabyte Nvidia GeForce 6800 XT graphics card. This isn't the top of the line, but it was the best card offered with this model. I put more dollars towards a better CPU since you can always easily upgrade a graphics card.
--5.1 Soundblaster Audigy card. With the 5.1 speaker setup. I had never actually seriously considered doing surround sound for a PC, but the HP pricing was so attractive I just threw it in there.
--160 gig hard-drive. I would have gone for the 250 gig model but when we left China I pulled an 80 gig drive out of our old machine, so the addition of that will get me close enough.
--DVD/CD burner. With "LightScribe". That's the technology that lets you burn a title or simple graphic right on the top surface of a CD or DVD. Again, it's something I never seriously considered but it was only a few bucks more, so...
--19" flat panel LCD monitor.
So there you have it. All you chumps can just bow down to my technological, intellectual and moral superiority. Especially Robert, from whom I reclaim the Ass-Kicking PC crown.
Well, you can all bow down when the thing is actually delivered, in early December.
Oh yeah, I pulled out all the stops for this one, too. Check it:
--AMD Athlon 64-bit dual core +4200 CPU. The Athlon 64 2X family is the cream of the crop when it comes to gaming and graphics. It rolls up P4s and smokes 'em like cloves. Apart from speciality gaming rigs from overpriced vendors like Alienware, HP was the only major PC maker I found who offer the Athlon.
--1 gigabyte DDR RAM. Because anything less these days just isn't serious.
--256 megabyte Nvidia GeForce 6800 XT graphics card. This isn't the top of the line, but it was the best card offered with this model. I put more dollars towards a better CPU since you can always easily upgrade a graphics card.
--5.1 Soundblaster Audigy card. With the 5.1 speaker setup. I had never actually seriously considered doing surround sound for a PC, but the HP pricing was so attractive I just threw it in there.
--160 gig hard-drive. I would have gone for the 250 gig model but when we left China I pulled an 80 gig drive out of our old machine, so the addition of that will get me close enough.
--DVD/CD burner. With "LightScribe". That's the technology that lets you burn a title or simple graphic right on the top surface of a CD or DVD. Again, it's something I never seriously considered but it was only a few bucks more, so...
--19" flat panel LCD monitor.
So there you have it. All you chumps can just bow down to my technological, intellectual and moral superiority. Especially Robert, from whom I reclaim the Ass-Kicking PC crown.
Well, you can all bow down when the thing is actually delivered, in early December.

<< Home