Livin' Large
I took the Oriental Wife and Number One Son into downtown San Francisco over the weekend for some tourist action. We spent $27. On transportation. Public transportation. Granted, $10 of that was to ride the tourist trap cable car, but you've gotta do that at least once. But still, Number One Son rode for free because he's under 5. If we did this trip a year from now, it would cost us over $40.
Then today, I drove to work because I had a lunch meeting down in Half Moon Bay. First, I parked near the office for 40 minutes. That cost $11. It was another $11 for valet parking at the Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton. Then I parked near the office again for three hours, and it was $27. Thankfully I can expense all this. Makes me want to riff on the MasterCard commercials:
Riding the San Francisco public transport: $27.
Parking in San Francisco: $49.
Living in San Francisco: Unaffordable.
Then today, I drove to work because I had a lunch meeting down in Half Moon Bay. First, I parked near the office for 40 minutes. That cost $11. It was another $11 for valet parking at the Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton. Then I parked near the office again for three hours, and it was $27. Thankfully I can expense all this. Makes me want to riff on the MasterCard commercials:
Riding the San Francisco public transport: $27.
Parking in San Francisco: $49.
Living in San Francisco: Unaffordable.

<< Home