Shaving Tech
I couldn't resist. I bought one of the new Gilette Fusion Power razors. This is the one with five blades. Six if you include the "trimming" blade on the top.
Count 'em. That's five blades of pure shaving action, baby.
I was going to write this up last night, but the Oriental Wife and I were trying to pass one evening without either of us turning on our computers (we failed). Then I see this morning that some law prof in Tennessee, of all places, was already razorblogging.
It actually took a bit of hunting to track one of these things down. You'd have thought it was an Xbox 360 or something. The Walgreen's near my office didn't have them, and Long's only had the regular version, not the high-end battery-powered version. I finally tracked one down at Target.
So how does it shave? Feels pretty damn good, the kind of performance you'd hope to get from a $10 razor. Is it better than the Mach 3 Turbo? Yes, but probably only incrementally, at least from the one shave I've performed so far. It actually left me with a slight bit of razor burn, but I get that occassionally anyway.
One weird thing is the vibrating function of the Fusion Power. It feels like razor is going to jump out of your hand at any second. Kind of unsettling, to feel like you don't have a good grip on an implement with five sharp blades moving around your face and neck. I'll have to see if I get used to that.
Count 'em. That's five blades of pure shaving action, baby.I was going to write this up last night, but the Oriental Wife and I were trying to pass one evening without either of us turning on our computers (we failed). Then I see this morning that some law prof in Tennessee, of all places, was already razorblogging.
It actually took a bit of hunting to track one of these things down. You'd have thought it was an Xbox 360 or something. The Walgreen's near my office didn't have them, and Long's only had the regular version, not the high-end battery-powered version. I finally tracked one down at Target.
So how does it shave? Feels pretty damn good, the kind of performance you'd hope to get from a $10 razor. Is it better than the Mach 3 Turbo? Yes, but probably only incrementally, at least from the one shave I've performed so far. It actually left me with a slight bit of razor burn, but I get that occassionally anyway.
One weird thing is the vibrating function of the Fusion Power. It feels like razor is going to jump out of your hand at any second. Kind of unsettling, to feel like you don't have a good grip on an implement with five sharp blades moving around your face and neck. I'll have to see if I get used to that.

<< Home