Jesus Loves Red China
It's true, at least according to that font of theological wisdom, the Chinese Patriotic Catholic Association.
Something might be wrong with my eyes, because I have to keep reading these lines over and over:
I must have slept through the bit where we reviewed the psalm praising "socialism with Chinese characteristics". And now that I think of it, wasn't "to get rich is glorious" part of the Sermon on the Mount? I guess the Holy Trinity really refers to Jiang Zemin's "Three Represents"?
Maybe we need to change "The East Is Red" to "Easter Is Red".
Something might be wrong with my eyes, because I have to keep reading these lines over and over:
Liu argued that socialism and Christianity were compatible.Huh. I had nine years of Catholic school growing up and I can't quite remember exactly where the Bible tells us to protect and obey Marxist-Leninst-Mao Zedong Thought.
"China's socialist system comes from God. We should all protect it and obey it. This is what the Bible tells us to do," he said.
I must have slept through the bit where we reviewed the psalm praising "socialism with Chinese characteristics". And now that I think of it, wasn't "to get rich is glorious" part of the Sermon on the Mount? I guess the Holy Trinity really refers to Jiang Zemin's "Three Represents"?
Maybe we need to change "The East Is Red" to "Easter Is Red".

<< Home