Thursday, December 07, 2006

Shat Chat

Gamespy has a little interview with William Shatner, who voiced Captain Kirk in a new video game, Star Trek: Legacy. There are a few gems from the man who has made a second career out of spoofing his first career.
"The truth of the matter is that I said no for the longest time. I didn't want to do it. But they kept coming back to me, "Please do it." It was the groveling that got me. It broke my heart...

"I have to do a lot of preparation. I need to walk. So I took a walk with my wife. And there's a tree near my house that I have to climb to get into this part, so I climbed the tree and broke off a little twig, and there he was...

"They assailed me. George Takei called me three times, asking if I could get him in the games. And I said, "George, I'll try," and I never made that call. But they didn't want Nimoy. The only person who wants Nimoy is his wife, and she's been having doubts..."
Good stuff. As the Mayor would say, Go have a boo. Whatever the fuck that means.