Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hold On A Sec, Honey, I'm Almost Finished With This Level

I fired up the Xbox 360 tonight and saw to my surprise that I had a text message waiting for me from an old friend, SmallAngryMan. I hadn't heard from SAM in months, nor seen him on Xbox Live, so I wondered what was up. Here is the content of his message in full:

"[my wife] is giving birth imminently. probably explains why i'm on xbox. hope ur well".

How awesome is that? His wife is in labor and he signs on to get a little "Splinter Cell: Double Agent" action in before things get messy.

I have to say here that my own wife/gaming record is pretty good. Number One Son was born a week before the original Xbox went on sale, and I got my hands on an early release of the hardware two days after we got home from the hospital. I tell you, "Halo" and "NFL 2K2" were awesome late-night companions when I had to get up for late-night feedings or what have you.

Labels: , ,