Boost for Xbox?
I was thinking last night that Microsoft could do really well with Xbox even after Xbox 2 is launched.
I mean, the original PlayStation sold out the Xbox in Japan some months, that's how popular it was.
I think Xbox has a chance to pull a similar showing, especially if Microsoft makes decent price cuts after Xbox 2 launches.
A lot of people would leap at the chance to pick up an Xbox for $100, and a fist full of games for $10-20.
Heck, at those prices I might even implement my long-standing plan to creat a head-to-head Xbox set-up at home.
Think about it. For $450 you could get a second TV ($250), Xbox ($100), and five games ($100 -- Halo, Splinter Cell 2, Ghost Recon, ESPN NFL, and Rainbow Six 3 for my money).
With rumors of price hikes for the next-gen systems, we'll be luckly to get an Xbox 2 and one game for $450.
That's also less than half the price of a decent gaming PC.
Still, I have a feeling I'll be in line with my debit card in hand when Xbox 2 comes out...
I mean, the original PlayStation sold out the Xbox in Japan some months, that's how popular it was.
I think Xbox has a chance to pull a similar showing, especially if Microsoft makes decent price cuts after Xbox 2 launches.
A lot of people would leap at the chance to pick up an Xbox for $100, and a fist full of games for $10-20.
Heck, at those prices I might even implement my long-standing plan to creat a head-to-head Xbox set-up at home.
Think about it. For $450 you could get a second TV ($250), Xbox ($100), and five games ($100 -- Halo, Splinter Cell 2, Ghost Recon, ESPN NFL, and Rainbow Six 3 for my money).
With rumors of price hikes for the next-gen systems, we'll be luckly to get an Xbox 2 and one game for $450.
That's also less than half the price of a decent gaming PC.
Still, I have a feeling I'll be in line with my debit card in hand when Xbox 2 comes out...

<< Home