Music
Quite a few bloggers have been posting their thoughts on music, with a focus on tunes of 1990s.
I was contemplating doing my big super-duper take-out on awesome music, but:
a) I haven't the time for such an ambitious undertaking
b) I feared it would be derivative of what others have done
c) I'm lazy
So here's my shortened version that captures the bare essence of the music I have loved. Note, this is not a list of the most essential or most influential artists ever, just the ones that have mattered to me and stood the test of time. Everything else follows from this.
Rock n' roll era: Elvis
Classic rock era: Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones
Grunge era: Soundgarden, the Smashing Pumpkins
Post-grunge era: Ben Harper, the White Stripes.
I was contemplating doing my big super-duper take-out on awesome music, but:
a) I haven't the time for such an ambitious undertaking
b) I feared it would be derivative of what others have done
c) I'm lazy
So here's my shortened version that captures the bare essence of the music I have loved. Note, this is not a list of the most essential or most influential artists ever, just the ones that have mattered to me and stood the test of time. Everything else follows from this.
Rock n' roll era: Elvis
Classic rock era: Led Zeppelin, the Rolling Stones
Grunge era: Soundgarden, the Smashing Pumpkins
Post-grunge era: Ben Harper, the White Stripes.

<< Home