Monday, July 04, 2005

Away

Blogging will be even lighter than usual since I am heading off to Scotland for a week.

I am packing a scary amount of electronic gadgetry. To wit:

--An IBM ThinkPad laptop
--Docking station/DVD drive for said laptop
--Cellphone
--Minidisc recorder
--Microcassette recorder (for backup)
--Rio Karma MP3 player (for the flight/hotel room)
--Rio Cali MP3 player (for the gym)
--Panasonic digital camera
--USB flash drive
--Power cords and chargers for the laptop, cellphone, minidisc player, Karma and camera
--Xbox, power converter, extra controllers and five games.

Just kidding about that last one, though I did think of it briefly.

I would also be taking my HP 4155 Pocket PC, too, if I hadn't lost it a month ago.

I'll see if I can do some blogging from the highlands, if I'm not carrying out spot inspections of Scotch whisky (I'm told spelling it with an "e" is a mortal insult in Scotland) or coping with the after-effects of a large serving of haggis and blood sausage.

Otherwise, see you in a week.