Jennings
Peter Jennings died today.
Although he was often criticized as one of the most adept practitioners of the Liberal Media art of America-bashing, I found him to be the most watchable of any of the network anchors.
Now that may not be saying much, but I at least give him credit for his performance on 9/11 and the days immediately after. Jennings consistently had the most interesting guests, the broadest range of views, and a focus that put his rivals to shame.
When Larry King had been reduced to interviewing Cher about her views on the attacks, Jennings was providing actual information and insight into a terrifying and confusing situation.
And that's what I'll remember him for.
Although he was often criticized as one of the most adept practitioners of the Liberal Media art of America-bashing, I found him to be the most watchable of any of the network anchors.
Now that may not be saying much, but I at least give him credit for his performance on 9/11 and the days immediately after. Jennings consistently had the most interesting guests, the broadest range of views, and a focus that put his rivals to shame.
When Larry King had been reduced to interviewing Cher about her views on the attacks, Jennings was providing actual information and insight into a terrifying and confusing situation.
And that's what I'll remember him for.

<< Home