Bummed
I haven't had much time to blog the past couple days. I've been a bit out-of-sorts, and also had lots of stuff going on. Bummed and busy, that's me.
What's got me down? I stumbled across a blog written by parents whose 10-year-old son is dying of a brain tumor. A recent post was about how the treatments had failed and they finally had to sit down with their boy and tell him that he was going to die.
Again: they had to tell their boy that he will die.
I wish I could say that this is unimaginable, but it's not. I can sit here right now and quite clearly imagine doing this with my own son (who is blessedly healthy).
It is absolutely morbid and literally makes me sick to my stomach, but I cannot for the life of me stop dwelling on this.
I am going to go buy my boy a new box of Legos today, probably the 18-wheeler set. This is totally irrational, but I just want to build a truck with him, and see him smile.
What's got me down? I stumbled across a blog written by parents whose 10-year-old son is dying of a brain tumor. A recent post was about how the treatments had failed and they finally had to sit down with their boy and tell him that he was going to die.
Again: they had to tell their boy that he will die.
I wish I could say that this is unimaginable, but it's not. I can sit here right now and quite clearly imagine doing this with my own son (who is blessedly healthy).
It is absolutely morbid and literally makes me sick to my stomach, but I cannot for the life of me stop dwelling on this.
I am going to go buy my boy a new box of Legos today, probably the 18-wheeler set. This is totally irrational, but I just want to build a truck with him, and see him smile.

<< Home