Crap
So my Oriental Wife and Number One Son are supposed to come back tonight after more than two weeks away.
I called my Oriental Wife this afternoon and said, "So, you're still on the flight that gets in at 9:00, right?"
"Uh, our flight leaves at 9:00 p.m. Nine-forty actually."
Crap.
Then, tonight, a huge thunderstorm. I call again, around 6:00.
"I hope this doesn't mess up your flight."
"Me too," she said, "but we're not taking off for nearly four hours. The storm will blow over by then."
Sure enough, the storm blew over in an hour or two. But at 8:30 or so the phone rings. It's my Oriental Wife.
"The storm delayed the plane's take-off from Beijing. It flies here, then turns around and goes back. But it hasn't even left Beijing yet. It is supposed to take off at 9:00."
Crap.
If they are lucky, they will be on the flight by midnight. Actually, if they are lucky, the return flight will get delayed until the morning and they can get some sleep and come back tomorrow at a reasonable hour.
This has made me grumpy. Ask David what happens when I get grumpy. Well, you could ask him, but it will be tough for him to answer since he doesn't have a larynx anymore. Or eyeballs.
I called my Oriental Wife this afternoon and said, "So, you're still on the flight that gets in at 9:00, right?"
"Uh, our flight leaves at 9:00 p.m. Nine-forty actually."
Crap.
Then, tonight, a huge thunderstorm. I call again, around 6:00.
"I hope this doesn't mess up your flight."
"Me too," she said, "but we're not taking off for nearly four hours. The storm will blow over by then."
Sure enough, the storm blew over in an hour or two. But at 8:30 or so the phone rings. It's my Oriental Wife.
"The storm delayed the plane's take-off from Beijing. It flies here, then turns around and goes back. But it hasn't even left Beijing yet. It is supposed to take off at 9:00."
Crap.
If they are lucky, they will be on the flight by midnight. Actually, if they are lucky, the return flight will get delayed until the morning and they can get some sleep and come back tomorrow at a reasonable hour.
This has made me grumpy. Ask David what happens when I get grumpy. Well, you could ask him, but it will be tough for him to answer since he doesn't have a larynx anymore. Or eyeballs.

<< Home