Priorities
Man, I am really starting to get excited about the prospect of moving back to the States.
Bookstores, true high-speed Internet access, hiking, clean skies, and driving are some of the things I can't wait to savor.
Of course it will be tough getting settled in, especially with an Oriental Wife and Number One Son. I have been trying to prioritize and now have this rough list:
1. Buy a car. Yes, this has to come first. Need to be mobile. You need wheels in this town, son, if you want to get things done. But what to buy? Oh ho, there's a pretty question for you. I will have thoughts on this later.
2. Find an apartment. Okay, this one should be obvious. Need a place to live, right? But in a town where the median home price is pushing $700,000, I expect teeth to be gnashed and oaths to be uttered.
3. Get Xbox Live. Oh yeah. Been waiting 2-1/2 years for this.
4. Enroll the Oriental Wife in driving school. Yeah this is scary, but I figure if I pay someone else it's their problem, not mine. This is also a prequisite for the next one, which is
5. Get Number One Son in preschool. Eventually he'll have to go to real school, too. Scary stuff. I want to do private school (go see Garfield Ridge's recent post on clothes shopping for teenage girls) but I hear they cost money. Time for Oriental Wife to re-enter the picture.
Okay, I better quit before I get myself in trouble...
Bookstores, true high-speed Internet access, hiking, clean skies, and driving are some of the things I can't wait to savor.
Of course it will be tough getting settled in, especially with an Oriental Wife and Number One Son. I have been trying to prioritize and now have this rough list:
1. Buy a car. Yes, this has to come first. Need to be mobile. You need wheels in this town, son, if you want to get things done. But what to buy? Oh ho, there's a pretty question for you. I will have thoughts on this later.
2. Find an apartment. Okay, this one should be obvious. Need a place to live, right? But in a town where the median home price is pushing $700,000, I expect teeth to be gnashed and oaths to be uttered.
3. Get Xbox Live. Oh yeah. Been waiting 2-1/2 years for this.
4. Enroll the Oriental Wife in driving school. Yeah this is scary, but I figure if I pay someone else it's their problem, not mine. This is also a prequisite for the next one, which is
5. Get Number One Son in preschool. Eventually he'll have to go to real school, too. Scary stuff. I want to do private school (go see Garfield Ridge's recent post on clothes shopping for teenage girls) but I hear they cost money. Time for Oriental Wife to re-enter the picture.
Okay, I better quit before I get myself in trouble...

<< Home